Account & Billing
Can I switch between pricing plans? (on Subbly)
Setting up Stripe
Setting up PayPal (through Braintree)
How do I enable Apple Pay & Google Pay?
Setting up a specific billing time
How to connect a domain to your website?
Checkout Only mode
How do I set the currency for my store?
Country of trade setting
Enabling taxes and using tax calculator
How do I export taxes on Subbly?
Can I grant access to more users to my account? (Teams app)
Can I manage the email notifications I receive?
How do I put my Subbly store and website offline?
How do I cancel my trial?
How do I cancel my account?
Checkout & Payments
Setting up the checkouts and customer portal on custom domain
How can I test the checkout and customer login area?
Setting up your branding
How do I remove Subbly branding from the checkout?
How to translate the checkout and the customer portal?
How do I add Terms & Conditions to the checkout?
Do my customers need to register to make a purchase?
Cart widget behavior
Cart widget customization
Checkout customization options
Which parameters are being passed to the checkout on Subbly?
How to enable 3DS confirmation step at checkout?
Setting up multicurrency
How to change the position of the currency symbol at the checkout?
Why are my checkouts not working?
Logo maker app
Designer Tools: Overview
Designer Tools: Layout
Designer Tools: Typography
Designer Tools: UI Kit
Getting started with Dashboard and Apps
Site Settings App
Blank space element
Language Switcher Element
Image Slider element
Button/Product Button element
Sharing Buttons element
Custom HTML element
Region Switcher element
Articles and Article Categories element
Follow Us element
How to change the title for your website?
How to add a cookie consent banner to your Subbly site?
How to create a banner on the website builder?
How to submit your website to Google, Yandex, Bing or Yahoo?
How to embed Instagram feed to my website?
How to create anchor points on your website?
How to set up event tracking codes on your website?
Adding chatbot to your Subbly site
Adding visual effects to your website
Building a page from scratch with Subbly
How to add images and videos to your website?
Configuring SSL for your website
Desktop vs. Mobile versions of a website
Positioning of elements
Why my domain was labeled as HREFLANG?
How to add Trust Pilot reviews to your website?
How to build your own product layout?
Setting up Headers and Footers across pages
Managing visibility settings of Elements and Blocks
How to create a Blog?
How do customers leave a review for my products?
Getting Started with the Website Builder
Basics of the Edit Mode
How to publish the latest changes on your website?
Previewing your Subbly website
Adding and creating Blocks on your website
How to localize your website (create a multilingual website)?
Why do the products go to 404 page?
Product builder wizard
What are subscriptions?
How to create a subscription product?
Understanding cut-off dates
Implications of using Anchored + Incoherent
How to set up non-renewable plans (a.k.a one time subscription products)?
How to set sequential subscriptions in Subbly?
How does the pre-order setting work?
How to set up pre-paid subscriptions?
Setting up commitment period for your products
Setting up trial period for subscription products
How to set up shipping methods for my store?
How gifting works?
How to use gift vouchers?
How to create one-time products?
Using one time products as bundles
How do I edit my product price and billing settings?
Can I set my subscriptions to auto-cancel themselves?
How to unpublish a product?
Setting up funnels
Surveys: Collecting Customer Data & Allowing Customizing of Subscription Price
Setting up surveys
How surveys appear at the checkout (multi-step vs single-step layout)
How do I change the order of my questions/steps and answers on the survey?
Deleting questions, answers or replacing surveys
Survey builder recipes (use cases)
How customers manage their subscription? (Customer portal)
Can I add customer's subscriptions manually?
Customer's Labels Explanation
How to switch the subscription product customer is subscribed to?
How to change renewal date for a customer?
How can I see my customers' preferences?
How to change the shipping address for a customer?
How customers change their password?
Can customers add products to their subscription?
How to process a refund for the customer?
How to reactivate customer's subscription
How does skipping/pausing work?
Handling customer email notifications through Subbly (Templated emails)
Account credit balance
How do I export my customer data from Subbly?
Why my customer wasn't charged?
How to cancel customer's subscription?
Timeline events FAQs
Order Labels Explained
How to filter orders?
Can I create a test order?
How to create adhoc orders/charges?
How to add a tracking number for customer's order?
Why am I not seeing my orders?
Why my orders don't appear in my Shipstation admin?
Growth & Retention
How dunning tool works on Subbly?
Cancellation Offers (Cancellation Flow)
Payment Failure Email
Upcoming Renewal Email
Automations recipes (use cases)
Handling out of stock
Using cart abandonment tool
Setting up the referral tool on Subbly
How to setup affiliate tracking through Subbly?
Adding conversion tracking to the checkouts
How to use the Addons Upsell feature?
Integrations & App Store
Setting up Chartmogul
How to use other shipping services with Subbly?
Setting up Facebook CAPI & Pixel
Setting up Google Tag Manager
Setting up Google Analytics
Setting up ManyChat integration
Setting up Taxjar
Setting up Facebook Login
Setting up Google Auth
Setting up Mailchimp integration
Setting up Drip
Setting up HotJar integration
Setting up Flodesk (through Zapier)
Setting up Zendesk integration
Setting up Pirate Ship integration
Setting up Shipstation integration
How does the ShipStation integration work?
Setting up Bablic
Setting up Zapier
Setting up Klaviyo
Setting up Twilio integration
Setting up Intercom integration
How to edit checkout layout through Google Optimize?
Embed Subbly into external platform(s)
FAQ about Subbly
What countries is Subbly available in?
How do I get help? (How to contact support)
What payment gateways are supported on Subbly?
Stripe vs. Paypal: Which one to use?
How much traffic can the Subbly servers handle?
Pricing plans, pricing structure and applicable transaction fees on Subbly
How and when do we charge VAT?
Does Subbly offer refunds?
Can I use Subbly for POS sales?
How can I migrate my customers from Stripe?
How can I migrate my customers from PayPal?
Does Subbly integrate with any accounting platform?
How to transfer domain between sites on Subbly?
Can customers download files from my Subbly site?
Why doesn't Subbly have a marketplace?
Why my checkout redirects to a different product?
What shipping integrations do you provide?
When do I get paid?
How to use tags?
How can I access my previous receipts/invoices?
How can I send emails to my customers?
Working with Subbly Experts
Did you know that you can move all your current subscribers over to Subbly and painlessly? If you're considering to switch your business to Subbly our team will be glad to do that for you and completely free of charge. This article explains the process of migrating the customer base if your customers are handled through Stripe for taking payments.
In order for us to do this we will need you to follow in certain steps. Here is what needs to be done:
- Please contact us and let us know that you'll like to migrate your business over. Our team will send you a CSV file which you'll need to fill for us so we can commence the migration process.
- Go ahead and sign up for Subbly. It's important that you connect your Stripe account to your Subbly and to create products on Subbly before the migration commences.
- Make sure not to cancel your customers' accounts on your previous platform before we finish the migration. It's recommended that you disable any automatic email notifications on your current platform so your customers don't get confused when they receive the notification that their subscription was cancelled (when in fact their subscription was just moved to another platform).
- We will schedule the migration date and you'll need to send the CSV properly filled out that is going to be up-to-date 24 hours before the migration is scheduled.
- Sit back, relax, and we'll let you know when you're all good and set to go on Subbly.
- After the migration has been successfully completed, we will mail you a CSV with the randomly generated passwords for your customer's accounts so they can login to their customer login area on Subbly and manage their subscription. You might want to mail them their new passwords and to let them know that they will be managing their subscription on Subbly now.
Guidelines for properly filling out CSV
When filling out CSV, please pay attention to the following:
- next_payment_date needs to be in the YYYY-MM-DD format.
- stripe_cus_id can be found inside your Stripe admin for every customer, like in the picture below
- address_second_line and address_phone_number are not mandatory fields but it's good to have them, right?
- address_country field needs to be full name, and not abbreviated (''United States'' is correct, ''US'' is not )
- if you have some specific customer preferences active on your customer's accounts (customizations like specific shirt sizes, color preferences for their products etc..) please note that this information can't be migrated over. Instead, you can input all this info into notes column inside the CSV.
- shipping_method_id field needs to be filled with the Shipping rule ID you wish the migrated customer's subscription to be applied to. You can find said ID by going to your Shipping methods and copy the ID found on the right side of every shipping rule.
- Please do not add or remove any rows/columns from the CSV that was initially provided by the Subbly representative. Instead, if you have any questions, make sure to mail them to email@example.com and someone will get back to you shortly.
Some things you'll need to be aware of regarding migration:
- We are currently able to migrate your business over only if your customers are handled through Stripe. Your current platform is mandated to export the customers profiles into Stripe if they didn't do that already.
- If you're migrating your business over from Cratejoy, please be aware that we won't be able to migrate any customers that were initially acquired through their marketplace. Moreover, prior to commencing with migration from Cratejoy, you will need to make sure that they can arrange import of customer profiles in Stripe. This needs to be communicated directly with Cratejoy's customer support.
- If you have more than one product on your store, you will have to create a separate CSV for every subscription product.
- We are not to be held responsible for any errors that were caused by mistakenly inputting faulty data in the CSV. Please be aware that we can't and won't do any amends on the CSV you provided for us, we are just using what we were given to migrate your customers over. We won't be able to retroactively change any data on your customer's profiles so make sure to double-check all the entries before sending the document and giving green light for migration.
- Finally, please be aware that migration process is something that is still in infant stages of development and certain glitches may occur when migrating data from one platform to the other. We are not to be held 100% responsible if any errors occur during the process as we are not the only entity involved. But don't worry, everything will go smoothly and you'll be up and running in no time.