We've now revamped the design and looks of customer login area as per popular request! We've added lots of features for the customers there. They will be able to see their past invoices, manage their active subscriptions, change CC data or pause/cancel their subscription
Where can I find the login link for the customer area of my store?
While logged in to your Subbly account, you need to head here and you'll find the unique login link for your customer area as seen in the picture below
How can my customers login to their customer area?
If you used some of the Subbly themes to create your store, your customers should be able to login to their customer portal by clicking Login button on the navigation bar.
Please note that, in order for the Login button to be displayed on your store front, you should use the Account element to drag it where you would want both Cart and Login button to be displayed.
In that case, you will need to use this URL:
with STORESLUG being the unique URL of your store created on Subbly.
Additionally, you can obtain your unique login link to your store's customer login area from here, like in the picture below.
How do customers add/change their payment source?
In order for the customers to be able to change/add their payment source, once inside their customer portal, they will need to:
- Click on Account button on the homepage like in the picture:
- Then choose to View wallet on the subsequent window:
- Inside wallet, they will be able to create/add new payment methods (as shown on the image below). Since we offer Stripe,PayPal and Braintree, depending on what you set, customers can either add a credit card or connect their PayPal account (or both!).
- They can select which is the primary method of payment by selecting and clicking the button that says "Make Primary", as seen in the image below.
If customer is looking to change the payment source associated with their subscription, he/she is now able to do that easily by clicking on Change button on the Subscriptions page of the customer portal as in the picture below
How can they cancel their subscription?
If, for some reason, your customers want to cancel their subscription entirely, they will need to do the following:
- Click on Manage button once inside their customer portal:
- Click on Subscription Settings on the bottom right corner of the screen:
- Click on Cancel My Subscription and click Confirm:
How customers skip/pause their subscription?
In order to simply skip a payment (or to prolong it for a month or 2) customer will need to follow first 2 steps like when they need to cancel subscription (see above) which will ultimately lead them to the page where they can opt for pausing their subscription:
After that, they will be prompted whether they'd like to skip 1 or 2 payments:
With our latest feature, your customers would be able to pause without any specific dates and un-pause at any given point, if they have no certain amount of time pre-defined ahead of time. Make sure the option is enabled in the advanced settings in the admin beforehand
Please note that you can disable the skipping function for your customers completely by toggling the appropriate switch from here.
How customers change their survey preferences?
In order for them to change their survey preferences initially stated on the checkout, they will need to do the following
- From the main page, they will need to click on the Manage button as in the picture below.
- From the following page, click on Update Choices as in the picture below.
- They will be prompted to re-do the survey so they'll need to change their answers/preferences and save after that.
How customers change their email/password associated with the account?
If they'd want to change the email/password associated with their subscription, they will need to do the following:
- From the Subscriptions page, click on Manage button.
- From the following screen, click on the Account settings (billing, email, password) button.
How customers add/edit their shipping address?
In order for the customers to be able to add/edit their shipping address, once inside their customer portal, they will need to do the following:
- From the Subscriptions page, click on Manage button.
- From the following screen, click on the Edit Shipping Address button if they'd want to change the shipping address associated with the subscription.
- Customers will be able to edit, add, or select among existing shipping addresses. Also, they can choose between different shipping methods if applicable.
- Editing an existing address won’t let you change City, Zip code, Country or State.
How customers export/download their previous invoices?
If your customers are asking for you to resend or provide the invoices and receipts associated with their previous charges, please let them know that this is yet another thing they are able to do from inside the customer portal
In order to do that, they will need to navigate to the Shipments tab where they'll see all their past invoices, so they will be able to view or download the pdf for each one of these.
How customers switch between subscription plans?
First of all, this is optional and you can allow this action to customers by enabling it here in your store settings:
From the homepage, they can click on Manage and in the following page they will see a section called Change Subscription Plan. By clicking on Change button, they will be presented with the widget to select a different plan that will come into effect starting from their next renewal.
How the customers use the addons feature?
They would need to navigate to their active subscriptions and click on Manage. They will be taken to the subscription screen and they would be able to attach it as shown below:
After applying the addon, they would be able to remove it as shown below, directly from the same screen.
As always, we are open for any feedback from you! We truly hope that you like the looks of login area on Subbly
How customers can reactivate their subscriptions?
Customers would need to go to their portal and click on the Subscriptions tab, then Manage on the cancelled subscription.
They will be taken to the subscription management screen, where they are able to reactivate the subscription through the Reactivate button. After clicking on it, they will be prompted with a calendar to choose in which date the subscription should reactivate: